Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) in Brooklyn
TRT is now available in Brooklyn, NY, through telemedicine!
Testosterone (T) doesn’t just affect a male’s sex drive. It’s also vital to bone and muscle strength, mental cognition, and blood health.
The body produces less testosterone as you age or as a result of other medical conditions. Brooklyn TRT aims to increase the body’s testosterone levels to reverse the symptoms of low T.
What Are the Effects of Low Testosterone and How Can TRT Help?
Testosterone is the “manly” hormone, and low levels may leave men feeling less than their best.
Though both males and females produce testosterone, it is most often associated with male development. The hormone is responsible for libido, fertility, male puberty, hair growth, and muscle mass and strength. It also plays a role in cognitive behavior, mood, bone density, and the production of red blood cells.
Effects of Low Testosterone
As men age, the amount of testosterone in the body naturally decreases. About 40% of males aged 45 and older are likely to have low T. Decreased levels of testosterone can be identified through many symptoms, including:
- Low sex drive
- Difficulty getting and keeping an erection
- Hot flashes
- Hair loss
- Decreased muscle and bone mass
- Increased body fat
- Decreased cognitive function
- Low blood cell counts
Benefits of TRT
Brooklyn Testosterone Replacement Therapy restores your testosterone to its optimum level. The average testosterone level in a healthy adult is about 675 nanograms/deciliter (ng/dl).
With hormones at their optimum level, patients experience an increase in libido and other benefits, including:
- Weight loss
- Increased fertility
- Increased athletic endurance
- Stabilized blood pressure
- Lower risk of heart attack
- Better sleep
PeakPerforMAX specializes in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to restore healthy levels of testosterone and reverse symptoms of low T. Bioidentical hormones are chemically identical to those naturally produced in your body, ensuring that you feel younger and more energized long-term.
Is TRT Safe, and How Do I Get Prescribed?
TRT is administered through testosterone supplements. Supplements are designed to directly enter the bloodstream for the greatest results. Treatment options include:
- Skin patches are worn on the arm or upper body and applied once daily.
- Gels are applied to and absorbed through the skin once a day. Other gels can be applied inside the nostrils.
- Mouth patches are tablets that stick to the upper gums and release testosterone through the oral tissue and into the blood.
- Injections and implants release testosterone directly into the muscle for the body to slowly absorb into the bloodstream.
Side Effects of TRT
TRT, like any prescription medication, has potential side effects. The most common side effect, injection site irritation, impacts 26% of users.
Other possible side effects include:
- Difficulty passing urine or a weak urine stream
- Enlarged or tender breasts
- Liver dysfunction
- Swelling of ankles, feet, or other body parts
Not all TRT patients will develop side effects; however, some groups are more likely to experience negative results. These groups include:
- Anabolic steroid abusers and those who misuse TRT may experience convulsions, infertility, or shrunken testicles.
- Children who take TRT may develop issues in both growths and stop growing prematurely.
- People with diabetes may need to adjust insulin dosages while receiving TRT.
- Geriatric men may develop prostatic hyperplasia or prostate cancer.
- People taking corticosteroids may experience bloating when used alongside TRT.
If you belong to one of these groups or are concerned about the potential side effects of TRT, consult a doctor before beginning treatment.
Getting a TRT Prescription
TRT is only available through a prescription. Doctors will not prescribe TRT if blood testosterone levels are above 300 ng/dl or if you do not display other symptoms of low T.
With Brooklyn TRT, determining if you need Testosterone Replacement Therapy is easy and can be done online.
During your virtual appointment, our board-certified doctors will review the following with you:
- Medical history review
- Current medications (prescription and non-prescription)
- Order a blood test or check previous test results
- Conduct a physical exam
Post-appointment, you will take the request for a blood test to your nearest LabCorp Lab for a blood draw at no additional cost. If lab results show low T levels, TRT can be prescribed.
However, your doctor may not recommend TRT as the first treatment plan if the underlying cause can be treated. Additional blood tests or imaging studies may be ordered to determine the cause of low T.
Brooklyn Testosterone Replacement Therapy with PeakPerforMAX
Brooklyn TRT with PeakPerformMAX is committed to providing the best treatment options with products that are proven safe.
Each treatment plan is personalized to meet your objectives and medical needs. Remote telemedicine ensures a treatment plan fits your schedule and can be done from the comfort of your home.