Fort Worth Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) in Manhattan
Fort Worth TRT, now available in Texas, is more accessible than you think!
Testosterone is produced in both males and females, but it’s primarily known as the male sex hormone. It’s essential for the development of masculine characteristics, like muscle and hair growth and sex drive.
What is Low Testosterone, and How Do I Know if I Have It?
Testosterone naturally decreases as you age, but with Fort Worth TRT, you can have youthful energy again!
Testosterone production can increase by about 30 times during adolescence and early adulthood. However, after age 30, hormone levels can decline by about 1% per year.
Causes of Low Testosterone
Low testosterone (low T), also called male hypogonadism, is caused by your body’s inability to produce enough testosterone. Though hormone production decreases with age, testosterone deficiency may also be caused by primary hypogonadism or secondary hypogonadism, both of which can be diagnosed at birth or developed later in life.
- Primary hypogonadism (testicular disorder) is the inability of your testicles to produce normal levels of testosterone. The pituitary gland produces more luteinizing (LH) and follicle-stimulating (FSH) hormones in response to low T levels. High LH and FSH levels typically signal the testicles to produce more testosterone and sperm. However, if the testicles are damaged, the testicles don’t make enough testosterone or sperm.
- Secondary hypogonadism (pituitary/hypothalamus dysfunction) is a condition in which the body produces low levels of LH and FSH hormones. If the levels of LH and FSH are too low, the testicles do not receive the signal to produce additional testosterone and sperm.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone
The most common symptoms of low T are reduced sex drive, erectile dysfunction, and low sperm count. However, these aren’t the only indicators. Some may experience:
- Loss of armpit or pubic hair
- Hot flashes
- Increased body fat
- Decreased muscle strength and mass
- Difficulty concentrating
What is TRT and How Will It Help?
Since testosterone levels decrease slowly over time, the effects may not be immediately noticeable. However, by the time men are 50-60, the effects of low T are apparent.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) can restore low hormone levels caused by age, medical conditions, or the long-term use of prescription medications. TRT treatments can be administered via:
- Skin gels are applied to clean dry skin every day.
- Intramuscular injections are administered by you or a doctor into the muscle every one to two weeks or a long-lasting injection every 10 weeks.
- Patches are applied to the skin every day as directed by your doctor.
- Pellets are implanted under the skin by a specialist every three to six months to provide consistent and long-term dosages.
A simple blood test is required before TRT is prescribed to determine if you have low T and by how much. For adults, low blood testosterone is less than 300 nanograms per deciliter. Blood tests are commonly taken twice since testosterone levels are affected by your diet, your fitness level, the time of day, and the presence of certain medications in the body.
Though most men seek TRT in Fort Worth to increase sex drive and enhance sexual performance, TRT has many additional benefits.
Testosterone assists with red blood cell production in the bone marrow. Low T is linked to a variety of cardiovascular risks. Healthy testosterone levels can widen arteries and decrease the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Weight Loss and Muscle Gain
Testosterone increases muscle mass. A leaner body helps control weight gain and can result in increased energy. When paired with strength training and exercise, TRT can decrease body fat and increase muscle development.
Healthy levels of testosterone are essential for developing bone mineral density. Bone density decreases with age, resulting in weak bones and causing osteoporosis. When doses of testosterone are high enough in TRT, bone density can increase.
Men with higher testosterone have a lower chance of developing Alzheimer’s or memory loss. Healthy testosterone levels are also linked with verbal memory and faster mental processing.
For some, low T can cause depression, fatigue, and irritability. However, men with primary or secondary hypogonadism reported that TRT improved their mood, energy, and well-being.
Fort Worth Testosterone Replacement Therapy With PeakPerforMAX
Fort Worth Testosterone Replacement Therapy with PeakPerforMAX makes it easy to test for low T and begin treatment. Telemedicine ensures patients receive fast turnaround times and reliable care.
With Fort Worth Testosterone Replacement Therapy, blood testing for TRT is comfortable and safeguards your privacy. Bring your test request form (provided by PeakPerforMAX) and photo ID to a LabCorp lab, and they’ll collect your blood sample. No payment to the lab is necessary for PeakPerforMAX patients.
Fort Worth TRT patients have 24/7 access to our medical team, so your treatment is worry and hassle-free.