Thyroid Therapy for Women
The Thyroid Hormone helps the body convert food into energy and heat; it regulates body temperature as it impacts many other hormonal systems in the body.
Thyroid Therapy for women focuses on relieving all symptoms with Doctor- Directed – At Home Treatments, re-testing thyroid levels during treatment and monitoring your progress closely.
Symptoms & Diagnosis
Hypothyroidism, means that your thyroid gland is not making enough thyroid hormone. The thyroid gland is the butterfly shaped gland that is just below the voice box or larynx in your neck. Thyroid hormone works to regulate your metabolism, or the way your body uses energy. Recent studies show that more than 27 million adult Americans have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism.
More than half of all people affected by thyroid disease are unaware of their condition, and may have many symptoms, but not be diagnosed for years. Below are some of the many symptoms of hypothyroidism:
- Cold and heat intolerance
- Fluid retention
- Dry skin and hair
- Low sex drive
- Aching muscles and joints
- Weight gain
To Treat or Not To Treat?
Our team of experts at PeakPerforMAX have spent years in the field of hypothyroidism and will guide you through the duration of treatment.
- High serum thyrotropin (TSH) concentration and a low serum free thyroxine (T4) concentration
“Subclinical” Hypothyroid (SCH):
- Normal free T4 (FT4) in the presence of an elevated TSH concentration
There can be many reasons why the cells in the thyroid gland can’t make enough thyroid hormone. Here are the major causes, from the most to the least common.
- Autoimmune disease
- Surgical removal of part or all of the thyroid gland
- Radiation treatment
- Too much or too little iodine
- Damage to the pituitary gland
- Rare disorders that infiltrate the thyroid
The interaction between thyroid hormones and your other hormones is too critical to ignore. Better aging means balancing everything—including the thyroid.
- Our doctor will go over your symptoms to see if they are consistent with low thyroid.
- Order preliminary laboratory workup: TSH, T3, T4, RT3, TT3, TT3/RT3, T3/T4
- Test Thyroid Antibodies ( Anti‐peroxidase), (Anti‐thyroglobulin)
- If treatment is required, our doctors prescribe bioidentical thyroid.
- Follow-up testing of your thyroid levels to be sure that they are optimal. (6 weeks after treatment begins)
Dr. Pamela Tambini
Treat Hypothyroidism With Thyroid Therapy For Women Today
The first step in treating Hypothyroidism is to go over your symptoms to see if they are consistent with low thyroid. Then perform routine lab work. If considered necessary, your doctor will prescribe bioidentical thyroid. This critical step usually helps resolve many of the uncomfortable and debilitating symptoms many men experience but don’t treat.
Are you ready to address the underlying causes, discover lifestyle modifications, and start feeling better? Contact us today so we can help alleviate your symptoms of Hypothyroidism.
At PeakPerforMAX we deliver hormone replacement therapies safely, discreetly, and without the hassle of in-person doctors visits. Just click the fast track option below and get started right away. Completely confidential and from the comfort of your own home. You can select a convenient time to speak to a Peak licensed medical specialist right away.
Email Us - HIPAA Compliant, Confidential and Completely Secure.
If you are simply not ready to get started and need more information, send us an email using the form below, its completely confidential. If you would like a call back via telephone, just add your phone number. We will not call you unless you ask us to!