Testosterone Replacement Therapy in San Antonio
As a man ages, he may find that he does not have the strength and endurance he had in his youth. This is often thought to be the inevitable aging process. While time takes its toll on people, the feeling of slowing down may be treatable.
Low testosterone is often mistaken for the normal aging process. Fortunately, low testosterone is a treatable condition. Testosterone replacement therapy has been proven to be beneficial in renewing vitality. For men living in San Antonio , accessing a TRT specialist just got easier.
PeakPerforMAX is pleased to provide testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) to the men of San Antonio via telehealth. Continue reading to find out if you could benefit from testosterone replacement therapy.
The Impact of Low Testosterone
Did you know that the amount of testosterone in your body can impact nearly every aspect of your life? Testosterone is a hormone primarily produced by the testicles and adrenal cortex. It is responsible for the development and maintenance of reproductive organs, muscle mass, bone composition, masculine characteristics, sex drive, and overall physical and mental well-being.
A male is at his healthiest when testosterone levels peak. This peak occurs around age 25. Between ages 30 and 40, testosterone levels begin to drop by approximately 1-2% per year. While it doesn’t sound like much of a decline, in 20 years, it will amount to a 20-40% decrease. After age 60, the decline increases, and symptoms become more apparent.
The Symptoms of Low Testosterone
The symptoms of low testosterone can be subtle for some and incredibly problematic for others. Those having the following symptoms may assume that they are simply experiencing aging. The common symptoms of low testosterone are:
- Reduced sex drive
- Decreased muscle mass and strength
- Low energy and stamina
- Sleep disturbances
- Emotional or mood changes
- Erectile dysfunction
- Weight gain
- Body pain
- Difficulty concentrating
This is not an all-inclusive list of symptoms. As with other health conditions, each person will experience symptoms differently. Some may experience a single symptom of low testosterone, while others may experience multiple symptoms. Severe symptoms can be detrimental to a man’s health and self-confidence.
The Long-Term Effects of Low Testosterone
Low testosterone can have a long-term impact on your health if left untreated. It is known to be associated with diabetes, heart disease, metabolic syndrome, depression, and cognitive impairment. A 2008 study concluded that low testosterone is a likely factor in premature mortality.
Another known effect of chronic low testosterone is osteoporosis, which is a condition that causes the weakening of the bones. This is because testosterone plays a major role in maintaining bone density. A person with osteoporosis is susceptible to serious injuries such as fractures. Fractures, especially in the elderly, can prove debilitating or even fatal.
The Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy
Testosterone replacement therapy can give you back that spark you once had. Managing your testosterone levels between 300 and 1,000 nanograms per deciliter will help maintain optimal physical and mental well-being. The benefits patients may feel after starting testosterone replacement therapy are:
- Improvement of physical appearance: Testosterone enhances body structure, including muscle mass, bone strength and density, and decreased body fat. These improvements can help restore masculine features that may have faded over the years.
- Increased libido: One of the benchmark challenges of low testosterone is sexual dysfunction. Specifically, a low sex drive, low semen production, and difficulty achieving and maintaining an erection. A study done in 2011 found that all sub-groups taking testosterone replacement therapy had improvements in sexual function and performance.
- Heightened energy and stamina: Patients who receive testosterone replacement therapy report a renewed sense of vitality and increased endurance for healthy exercise and activity. This is particularly a benefit for those who stopped doing physical activities they once enjoyed because of low testosterone levels.
- Better sleep: Decreased daytime fatigue and increased activity lead to a restful sleep at night. Optimal sleep is imperative for physical and cognitive function.
- Improvement in cognition: Optimal testosterone levels can help improve the ability to concentrate and focus on daily tasks. It is also known to improve the ability to retain information.
- Enhanced mood: Low testosterone alone can lead to mood changes, such as depression, mood instability, and low self-confidence. The other symptoms associated with low testosterone can also contribute to a depressed mood. Managing testosterone levels leads to increased self-confidence and overall better mood.
- Optimized quality of life: Testosterone replacement therapy can have you feeling like the best version of yourself. When a person feels their best, it reflects in nearly every aspect of their life. Overall wellness is important in maintaining a quality of life.
Forms of Testosterone Replacement Therapy We Offer in San Antonio
At PeakPerforMAX, we use safe and effective products. We are committed to providing individualized treatment plans to our patients to meet their unique needs, preferences, and goals.
There are multiple forms of testosterone replacement therapy available in San Antonio . These include:
- Injectable testosterone
- Topical creams and gels
- Oral supplements
- Testosterone pellet implants
Telehealth Makes It Simple!
As with many important health problems, people tend to procrastinate on seeing a specialist. This is often because of time constraints or the burden of traveling. At PeakPerforMAX, we offer testosterone replacement therapy remotely in San Antonio through our telehealth service. This makes starting a treatment plan easier than ever.
The journey to your best self will start with a free consultation with one of our specialists. Once we do a thorough assessment and provide a diagnosis, we work with our patients to build an individualized treatment plan. We provide guidance and follow-up remotely throughout treatment and are available for any questions that may arise. Refill requests are also available through our remote service. We are HIPAA-compliant, and your confidentiality is important to us every step of the way.
Our specialists are ready to help you with your testosterone replacement needs in the comfort of your own home.